Remoulade sauce is a traditional French sauce. The Remoulade sauce recipe is a mayonnaise base recipe and there are lots of different versions for this delicious sauce in various French influence countries such as Belgium or Switzerland.
Related: Garlic Sauce Recipe
Let’s see what you will need to put together this finger licking sauce right in your kitchen!
Servings: 2 | Prep. Time: 15 mins | Waiting Time: n/a | Cook Time: n/a | Difficulty: Easy
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 small pickle
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice (optional)
1. Grate the pickle and drain any extra liquid.
2. Mix together well the mayonnaise, sour cream and mustard.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add about half of the grated pickle and add more to taste.
5. Mix everything and add more sour cream if you want the sauce lighter.
There is no specific order of how to mix the ingredients. The only important step is to dry the pickles well.
If the pickles are not sour enough and you have added enough of it, add a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice to taste.
Usually sour cream is not part of the original recipe, but it gives the sauce a light texture and it tastes amazing.
I think because of the pickles and the mustard this remoulade sauce recipe goes very well with chips, roast meant and pretty much everything that is fried. It has a rich taste because of the mayo, but also refreshing because of the pickles and mustard.
There is no need to say it – again – that this remoulade sauce recipe is perfect for fried meals, it’s easy to put together and very, very delicious! Enjoy it with every single meal and let me know how it turned out!