I don’t know about you, but for me, it’s beyond my power to get up super early during the cold seasons. If there’s no light outside, most probably I won’t wake up. This also means that I will skip breakfast because I’ll wake up too late to have it. So, the best solution for me was to have it made the night before. And what better breakfast if not some pumpkin pie spice overnight oats during Autumn?
Servings: 3-4 | Prep. Time: 10 mins | Waiting Time: overnight | Cook Time: n/a | Difficulty: Easy
- 150 grams oats
- one cup of warm milk
- half a cup of warm water
- 7 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice (2 for decoration)
- 8 tablespoons Greek yogurt (or any other yogurt)
- nuts and seeds for decoration
- In a medium-sized bowl, add 5 tablespoons of pumpkin puree.
- Add the milk and water over the puree and mix until the latest is combined with the liquid.
- Add the oats and give it a mix. At this point, you can add more pumpkin pie spice if you’d like.
- Add a layer of oats, followed by a layer of plain yoghurt and top it with another layer of oats.
- For extra taste and texture, top them with an extra tablespoon of pumpkin pie puree and with some nuts and seeds to taste.
Leave the jars in the fridge overnight. The oats will be smooth and full of flavour in the morning, ready to serve.
These are light favloured overnight oats. I wouldn’t like them to be too spicy, especially since they’re the first thing I’m having in the morning. Of course, you can add some extra pumpkin puree or pumpkin spice if you want.
Related: How To Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree
I didn’t feel the need of adding any extra sweetener like honey or Marple syrup. The pumpkin puree has its natural sweetness which is perfect for me. But again, feel free to add any sweeter of your choice – I’m not really into super sweet things, so you’ll always find less sweet recipes around here.
The jars that we have are quite big for one serving, so I usually end up with two servings in one jar. So two days worth of yummy breakfast in less than 15 minutes. Also, you don’t have to worry about it going bad in just 48 hours – you can totally have them two days in a row.