We all know that eating vegetables is healthy. That’s why I try to incorporate veggies into different dishes.
Spinach is probably one of the healthiest and easiest veggies to incorporate in various dishes. It’s packed with vitamins and antioxidants and if cooked it gets a soft texture that can easily be mixed in different recipes.
These spinach stuffed chicken breasts also have cream cheese and some indulgent cheese, but they are really yummy and filling.
Servings: 4 | Prep. Time: 10 mins | Waiting Time: n/a | Cook Time: 40 mins | Difficulty: Medium
- 4 large chicken breasts (no skin or bones)
- 500 grams of raw spinach
- 150 grams of cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons of homemade mayonnaise
- 30 grams of Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano
- salt, pepper and smoked paprika to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Roughly chop the spinach. If you’re using baby spinach, you might not need to chop it, although I find it easier to handle if it’s chopped.
- In a large bowl, add the chopped spinach, cream cheese, mayonnaise, grated cheese and spices and mix them all until you get a well-mixed filling. (don’t be shy and use your hand to mix the filling – it works like a charm and it’s very, very satisfying).
- Sprinkle some olive oil, salt, pepper and smoked paprika over the chicken breasts. Cut on one side of the chicken breast to form a pocket – this is where the filling will go.
- Fill the newly formed “pockets” with two or three tablespoons of the spinach filling. I suggest using your hands (again) since it’s easier to stuff the chicken this way.
- Cover the tray with aluminium foil and let them roast for 30-40 minutes at 180 degrees C, in the oven. Remove the foil 10 minutes before the stuffed chicken to allow them to get that golden-brown crust.
This recipe is easy to put together and it brings some extra something to the classic roasted chicken breasts. Not to mention they’re really filling.
It’s also perfect for meal prep since these spinach stuffed chicken breasts will last for a few days in the fridge, in an air-tight container.
I think they go really well with some fresh salad, but you can add some roasted veggies on a side as well.
Keep the yummy sauce you’ll get from the chicken! You can add it over rice or roasted veggies – gives them a delish flavour!
I really hope you got some nice inspiration on how to incorporate more veggies into your daily meals! Please let me know in the comments if you’d give this recipe a try!